How to make an herb medicine soup?
1. Soak one pack of herbs for 15 minutes. The portion of water to herb is 20 to 1 in volume. (E.g.: 50 g of herbs need 1 L of water)
2. Pour the herbs with water into a stainless steel, or porcelain pot (you can also use a coffee percolator). Cook it until boiling. Then turn to low fire and simmer it for 30 minutes. Turn off the fire.
(Note: some herbs might need less than 30 minutes; some might need longer time. The time of the cooking depends on the herbs which you are using. You should follow your doctor’s instruction.)
3. Pour the decoction out into a container.
4. Now the herbs are left in your pot. Pour water into your pot again according to the portion of 30 to 1 as in step 1.
5. Repeat step 2. After it boils, simmer it for 30 minutes.
6. Pour the decoction out into the same container.
7. Mix the two decoctions well.
8. Divide the mixed decoctions into two doses and take it twice a day at 11am and 3pm respectively. (2 hours before each meal.)
9. Dump the herbs.
(Note: Please check the medicine during the simmering process in case the decoction would dry out. Put some water into the pot if the water is running out.)